NEED TO KNOW
At Emory Southern Orthopedics, we value your time spent with us, and we know how overwhelming medical visits can be. The information below will hopefully make your life a little easier and your visit a little less stressful.
WHAT TO BRING TO APPOINTMENTS
- A list of all medications you are currently taking.
- All health insurance information, so that Southern Orthopedics can file your medical claim on your behalf.
- Note that co-pays and deductibles are due when service is rendered.
WHAT TO EXPECT
In general, visits with a Emory Southern Orthopedics physician start with a personal interview, physical examination, and review of previous records or tests. This may be followed by additional diagnostic exams, such as blood tests, X-Rays, or other images. For most orthopedic conditions and injuries there may be more than one form of treatment. For this reason, Emory Southern Orthopedics physicians will discuss treatment options with you to mutuall determine the plan best suited to your health and lifestyle.
Prescriptions or refill requests are taken during the office hours of Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please call us at (706) 884- 2691 and ask the receptionist to transfer you to our Medication Refill voice mailbox which will prompt you to leave the following vital information:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Type of medication being requested
- Pharmacy name and telephone number
- A telephone number where you can be reached should any questions arise in fulfilling your request
* Requests recieved before 4 p.m. will be fulfilled the same day. Requests recieved after 4 p.m. will be fulfilled the next business day.
For regular office visits, your co-pay, deductible, and/or co-insurance is expected when service is rendered unless prior arrangements have been made. For your convenience, Emory Southern Orthopedics will file your medical claim on your behalf, and credit balances will be promptly refunded.
For surgical procedures, a down payment is required before or at your Pre-Op date. Office staff are available to discuss fees for surgical procedures. Exact fees cannot be quoted as unforseen circumstances can arise. For your convenience, Emory Southern Orthopedics will contact your insurance provider to secure the necessary information regarding down payment amount as well as any other pertinent information regarding your medical coverage.
Cash, personal checks, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, debit cards with Visa or Mastercard logo
Medical Insurance Accepted:
- Worker’s Compensation
- Medical Insurance Plans- Most plans are accepted, but please check with your insurance carrier prior to scheduling your first appointment.